Note: this is a partnered post and consideration was received for its publication. CC-licensed image by Gavin Dudeney.
Everyone is doing it. It’s cool to do. People of all ages should be doing it. We should do it more. What are we talking about? Recycling of course and this is a buzzword that everyone seems to be talking about nowadays. Some recycle because they genuinely care about the state of the planet, while others do it because they have to but whatever reason pushes people to recycle more – it is making a difference to the environment. Waste sorting is an important process when it comes to recycling and generally, wet and dry waste should be kept separately and often in homes; the dry waste also needs to be separated into categories such as paper, metal or plastic.
There are lots of ways to get rid of waste and a popular way to do it nowadays is to rent a skip and have a mass clear out. It is easy to rent waste bins in Perth, Manchester, Amsterdam or in any big city or town anywhere in the world through a reputable company that can be found with a quick online search and they can be contacted for more information on how waste can be sorted to make recycling easier and more effective.
Let’s take a look at the top 11 facts that everyone should know about recycling by now:
- Recycling is part of the three Rs rule – reduce, reuse and recycle
- It only takes about two months for an aluminum tin to be recycled and put back onto the shelves
- Everything from raw materials such as plastic and paper can be recycled through to electronics, organic waste and textiles
- In order to print Sunday newspapers, half a million trees are chopped down, proving just how pivotal recycling is when it comes to preserving the environment
- Recycling ensures that fewer greenhouse gasses are emitted, as it helps to conserve energy
- Every day, the average person generates around four pounds of rubbish
- Recycling is important when it comes to preserving natural resources, including oil, gas and coal
- While approximately 80% of waste is recyclable, only 35% of it is currently being recycled
- Glass can be recycled and appear back on the shop shelves in just 30 days
- Each year, around 3% more waste is generated
- More than one million sea creatures are killed every year by plastic bags
Recycling is hugely important and more and more people are beginning to understand what a pivotal role it plays when it comes to saving the planet. It is easy to rent waste bins by Allmetro Bins and other well-known rental companies and they will be able to offer advice about what will be done to recycle the waste put into their skips.
Reducing how much we use, then reusing what we do use and lastly recycling as much as possible will go a long way to help to reduce our destructive carbon footprints.