The Top 5 Home Remodeling Ideas That Will Improve Your Life
Your home is your castle, so it only makes sense that you’d want to improve the way you live your life at home. Remodeling projects can be as cheap as buying a bucket of paint, or as pricey as doing a full home makeover. Luckily, there’s an awesome project for just about every budget and lifestyle you can imagine. Here are our top five picks for remodeling projects that actually work to improve the quality of your life.
- Get a hot tub or Jacuzzi installed. There’s something oh, so relaxing about being able to kick back in your very own home spa. Studies have shown that regular use of a hot tub can soothe sore muscles, improve flexibility, and also lower stress. This kind of bathroom remodeling project can easily run upwards of $10,000, so it’s definitely a project that requires a higher budget.
- Install new appliances. This can be both a kitchen and a laundry room upgrade, depending on what you’re trying to accomplish. Though it’s not a full remodeling project, the fact is that upgraded dishwashers, stoves, and washing machines can make a huge difference in the quality of your life as well as the amount of time that you spend cleaning. This remodeling project can greatly vary in price, but in general, you can expect to spend around $500 per appliance, at the very least.
- Add an extra room. If you have upwards of $15,000, adding a new bedroom or living room to your house is a good way to improve your overall quality of life. Another room can make the perfect location for entertaining guests, or could be used at add a little more privacy for families that feel cramped in their current situation. It’s also worth noting that an extra room can provide a serious return on investment.
- Get better ventilation. Many people seriously underestimate the huge impact a well ventilated room can have on a person’s wellbeing. If you have allergies, or are prone to falling ill during certain times of year, a room with cleaner air can make all the difference. Getting a good medical grade air filter can actually be quite affordable, depending on the size of your house. Besides, a good air filter for your home also can make it easier to clear out foul odors that tend to linger.
- Install a pool in your back yard. Pools are often the home improvement choice of people who want to become the “fun house” of their block.
Author bio: A parenting writer and home improvement aficianado, Regina empowers women through her writing and parenting tips. If she’s not writing or walking her dog, you can catch her surfing the web for what’s new at Ventis. Note: partered post • CC-Licensed photograph by Jeremy Levine Design